QLD Aquathlon Championships 2008

QLD Aquathlon Championships 2008
Warming Up

Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday 19/12/08 - "Cruel Conditioning"

After a tough swim session yesterday and decent run in the evening - I was too tired to even make an entry into the blog. Well today saw the temperature hit an unthinkable 29 degrees celsius by 8:30am! To condition myself I have started running during the hotter periods of the day and as I set out with one of running buddies Dan Watts on what would 6.7km in 33 degree heat... we thought about going for a negative split over the distance but as it turns out - sub 4 minutes per kilometre over the first four before drifting towards 4 1/2 minutes per kilometre over the final stretch. I plan on going for a ride for an hour this afternoon at "silver" pace before heading off to work.

For your information I will refer to my paces as bronze, silver or gold.
Bronze = An light pace conducive for an effective warm up, cool down or recovery (during interval training)

Silver = 70 - 80% of race pace

Gold = RACE PACE!!!!

I have posted some stories from other triathletes some practical, some humorous and
some motivational.

Happy Training!

3 comments:

  1. Wow thast warm, up here in Canada it was around 7 degrees today... I love the cool weather tho,
    Hey u know much about bikes trying to pick out a used one, check out my post(2nd post down) and comment if u like thanks..
    Kenny
    www.apolicemanslife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    I hope this post finds you well. Thanks for maintaining such a great blog site first of all. I use it as a wonderful insight to my most favorite events in the world! Triathlons and marathons! I was blown away when I first started reading you blog! I love reading about peoples experience in training and competing in marathons, both mentally and physically. You have gave me great insight! NO PAIN NO GAIN! ha ha! Like me, it sounds like your a person who's an advocate of good health, whole foods, and natural supplements.

    This is why I wanted to reach out to you, for the health related nature of you and your blog. I work in affiliation with Hydroworx (www.hydroworx.com) and i wanted to offer you one of two things. I am trying to spread awareness of the health benefits of aquatic therapy, and I would love to guest post on your site. All I ask in return is one link back to our site.

    Please let me know your thoughts and thank you for your time.

    Joelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to try the brand new application for the iPhone to keep track of your training and races. Definitely the best one I have seen.

    It's called 220 TriLog.

    iTunes Link:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/220-trilog/id405993632?mt=8&uo=4

    ReplyDelete