QLD Aquathlon Championships 2008

QLD Aquathlon Championships 2008
Warming Up

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Saturday 13/12/08 - An eventful "rest day"

Today was supposed to be a rest day which to be honest, it wasn't really.

I spent most of the morning relaxing with my sick nieces, Hana (4) and Nami (10 months) and sister-in-law, Ayumi who are over from Japan for Christmas until I received a call. It was Bradley from Carina Cycles letting me know that my new bike was ready to go pending a few final measurements and tri bar adjustments. After simulating cycling stages on a wind trainer - the measurements and adjustments were made.

I was aching after a full-on Friday which saw me complete a 4km lunchtime swim, a 60km afternoon bike ride and finally a weights session orientated around the principles of 'volume training.'

Regardless of the fatigue, I played A grade Men's indoor soccer at West End. We won 8-2 so it was well worth it before I went to work and spent a few hours unloading cartons of soft drink off a pallet - hmmmmm....

So right now as I sit bleary eyed and write my first blog entry (it feels like I'm talking to myself), bed is calling for some well-earned rest before Sunday arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment