QLD Aquathlon Championships 2008

QLD Aquathlon Championships 2008
Warming Up

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tuesday 16/12/08 - My first swim with Dan Atkins

I always find it hard psyching myself up for swim sessions as I'm sure everyone who has seen me swim will immediately confuse me with a drowning rat. This was made harder with the knowledge that Dan Atkins who has a reputation as tough coach was taking the sessions this week. Technically poor due to limited shoulder flexibility, my inefficient stroke and sometimes erratic breathing lets me down. Well, today was my first session under Dave Atkins and although a tough session I really enjoyed it. I persevered through the one hour midday or "tan" session as it also known clocking up kilometre after kilometre. Still not 100% I pushed through and saw out the "sprint" training which consisted of tedious 4 x 100m on 2 mins and 4 x 50m pull on 1 min. Easy you may say but it gets tough after completing 2 x 300m negative split.

In my spare time today I have been looking at and evaluating resources to add to this blog and have a few lined up although just waiting for the publisher's permission to link them to the blog. Resources such cycling and swimming pace charts, calculators and nutritional information.

Stay tuned and hopefully I'll have it up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment